These cards can also be used in so many different ways.
Given that they are so durable and flexible, plastic cards can be put to use in many different elements of your business. You can also add tech features, like magnetic stripes and chips, to expand your card horizons even further.
With so many possible uses for plastic cards, it makes good sense for businesses to be printing on plastic.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- Recycling old plastic cards to create new cards reduces waste and helps keep old cards out of landfills.
- There are PVC cards on the market which degrade when they come in contact with such organic materials such as composite and soil, and this can happen as quickly as within four years.
- Plastic cards are actually a good thing for the environment!
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
To find out about our affordable pricing, or to obtain more information, just fill out this form. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Take a look at what you need and make sure you find the right printer for the job you want done, because not all plastic card printers are the same.
We can help you find the best plastic card printer at an affordable price. Plastic Card ID offers: Award-winning service from experienced professionals
Shop the best printer brands on our easy-to-use website.
Read product reviews from real customers! Save as much as 50% on printers and other supplies with our already low prices. Shop the best brands on our user-friendly website.
Top 5 Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
Finding the right ID card printer can be intimidating – understand these 5 key factors to help get the best printer for the job. 1. Single-sided printer or dual-sided printer
Most card printers can be purchased in either single mode or dual-sided mode.
Single sided are more cost-effective but require you to manually flip and re-print to the backside of the cards. Dual-sided card printers are time efficient, especially with bigger batches. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are much less expensive than other types, and they are also much more common.
They use a ribbon with panels to infuse color onto the card, but often leave a tiny white border on each card. Reverse transfer printers (also called re-transfer) use a ribbon and transfer film to achieve a higher quality print that ensure full bleed with no border. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies which print in large batches will generally prefer bigger hopper sizes, print speeds that are faster, and high-yield ribbons which can be used in the printer.
If your company only needs to print small amounts, you can save money when you purchase the handfed printer or the printers that don’t require the high volume features. 4) Lamination & Visual Security Laminating ID cards greatly increases their durability, which is important for any cards that will be handled or swiped often.
Lamination can also be used to add holograms for added security.
There are other ways to add visual security that are less expensive, such as watermarks, hologram stickers, and holographic cardstock. 5) Connection Type
All ID card printers can be directly connected to a PC with a USB cable.
Connecting to a Mac is possible with a printer that has Mac compatibility. You will need to select a printer with Ethernet capability if you plan to connect to multiple computers or a network. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is also known as an ID card printer.
PVC, short for polyvinyl chloride, also means plastic, and while the majority of the time people think of pipes and construction, PVC is a very durable type of plastic that’s great for making and printing ID cards. Therefore, a PVC card printer is just another name for a photo ID maker. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
There are a few different techniques for transferring images to a PVC ID card. Reverse transfer and dye sublimation are what’s considered the most common techniques for printing on PVC cards. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation is probably the most popular method of printing. It uses a ribbon that has panels of three primary colors (cyan, yellow, and magenta) on its entire length.
When the card is printing, a print head with a heating element passes over the ribbon, evaporates the ink, and transfers it onto the plastic card. Dye sublimation is a term commonly used with color PVC card printers - for a black and white PVC card printer, this process is called resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
For a demonstration of the Badgy Printer or to download an informational brochure go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the most affordable color plastic card printer on the market.
You don’t need a dual-sided printer for printing on both sides of your cards.
Instead, you can use a single-sided printer and simply flip the card over to run it through to print on the back.
This means you can save $600, which is the general cost difference between a single-sided and dual-sided card printer.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy provides you with a complete solution, is PC or Mac compatible, and includes a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of color ribbon and blank plastic cards, enough for 100 prints.
In addition, you will get access to a free card template library at www.badgy.com to help you personalize the template of your choice. PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 allows you to print your own cards instantly and completely independently.
Print your badges as you need them, either as single cards or in small batches. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 has an output of 95 color cards per hour.
You’re able to import data from a database, adding information to your card designs with ease, and launch a print run of your badges with including variable data.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 printer provides personalized plastic cards with professional-looking, edge-to-edge printing that will highlight your organization’s brand image.
EASY TO USE Once properly installed, the Badgy200 can be used just like a basic office printer.
The cards are loaded into the feeder and retrieved from the output hopper, both conveniently located on the front of the printer.
The Badgy Premium Suite software gives you control over the printer from your computer through received notifications. It’s very easy to install and recognize the Badgy print ribbons.
The Badgy200 is smaller than a letter-sized sheet of paper, so it can fit easily into any workspace needed.
- This printer weighs a mere 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Badgy allows you to print your own professional-quality custom badges whenever and wherever you want. It is truly the ideal solution for any business that needs to print plastic cards for any occasion.
- A Card Printer
Instead of paper, you can easily print cards on plastic.
- Badgy prints quality badges in full color, allowing you the ability to print the badges you want, when and where you want them.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The versatile print system is a breeze to install, and is used the same way as any ordinary office printer.
- It is small and lightweight, which means it will fit into almost any office workspace.
- The Evolis Badgy200 solution helps you print professional-quality color badges easily.
- Badgy200 offers a solution for graphic personalization and instant card production, as single cards or in small batches.
- Quickly print out reward or membership cards for customers, IDs for visitors and new employees, and more in rich color.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single installation CD that includes Badge Studio + software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- Easily design and print professional, edge-to-edge ID cards and badges using the Evolis Badge Studio + the software that is included with Badgy200.
- You only need a basic familiarity with PC or Macintosh computers to have Badgy up and going in mere minutes.
- Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software provides complete control over your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- Badgy.com hosts a variety of free card templates that allow you to quickly come up with a professional design for your cards and badges.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS has everything you need to start using your printer and begin printing cards right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System is cost-effective and perfect for low volume card printing applications. This system a complete solution for both novice and experienced users.
Here’s What the Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio, that comes with card personalization software (which is compatible with Mac and PCs)
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack (ribbon and plastic cards)
Badgy features a 25-card input/output tray at the front, ribbon reloading at the top, and USB and power connections at the back.
The print process is controlled by a combination of software and a simple LCD control panel.
Quality and cost-effectiveness Badgy200 produces full color, high-quality prints which cover the full surface of any plastic card. Badgy can also print readable barcodes.
Whether you print one or 100 cards, the overall cost of printing cards is impressively low and easy on your overall budget.
In addition to that, less power is used when it’s set on hibernation mode, which saves money.
The Evolis Badgy200 utilizes thermal transfer and dye sublimation to produce prints using 2 million colors, at 300 dpi.
With a color YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour and a monochrome speed of 325 cards per hour, this printer is incredibly fast!
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Customize and print badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badgy in batches or individually, whenever you need them! Staff ID badges
Event badges Visitor badges