There are great number of uses for plastic cards.
Because of their durability and the high quality of the graphics, you can use plastic cards in a whole slew of different situations. You can also add tech features, like magnetic stripes and chips, to expand your card horizons even further.
With so many possible uses for plastic cards, it makes good sense for businesses to be printing on plastic.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- One of the most underrated features of plastic is the ease with which it can be recycled.
- There are PVC cards available which are bio-degradable within a few years, when they come into contact with soil or composite materials.
- One really good way of reducing your environmental impact is to make use of eco-friendly recycled business cards.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
To learn more about plastic card printing, ask any questions or get a price quote, please fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Take a look at what you need and make sure you find the right printer for the job you want done, because not all plastic card printers are the same.
We can help you find the best plastic card printer at an affordable price. Plastic Card ID offers: Award-winning service from experienced professionals
Browse our easy-to-navigate website for the best printer brands.
Honest product reviews from real customers Save up to 50% on printers and supplies with our everyday low prices. Support from experts before, during, and after your purchase.
Top 5 Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
Shopping for an ID card printer doesn’t need to be a complex project. Focus on these 5 factors to help you in your search. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
Most card printers are available in either single or dual sided models.
Dual sided card printers will save you a lot of time on large batches. If you have a lot of two-sided cards to print, a dual-sided printer is a worthwhile investment. 2) Reverse Transfer vs Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation printers are the most commonly used and most cost-effective printer.
In order to infuse color onto a plastic card, a ribbon with panels is used, and it often leaves a small white border on every card. Reverse transfer printers, also called re-transfer printers, use a ribbon and transfer film. They give a higher-quality and full bleed print (with no border). 3) Volume Requirements
Companies that print larger batches will need printers with larger hopper sizes, faster print speeds, and high yield ribbons.
Companies with small batches can save money by purchasing a handfed printer or those without high-volume features. 4) Lamination & Visual Security Laminating ID cards increases durability and cost of ID cards. But it is necessary for cards that are handled regularly or swiped through a machine or reader.
Lamination can also be used to add security features like holograms.
However, there are also less expensive ways for visual security measures, such as watermarks, holographic cardstock, and hologram stickers. 5. Connection type
All ID card printers are capable of being connected to a PC as long as you have a USB cable.
If you need to connect to a Mac, be sure to select a printer with Mac compatibility. If you need to connect to multiple computers, select a printer with Ethernet capabilities. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is simply another term for an ID card printer.
PVC is a very strong type of plastic that is well-suited to the creation of all sorts of cards. The credit and bank cards you carry are very likely made from it. Therefore, a PVC card printer is just another name for a photo ID maker. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
PVC plastic card printers can use a variety of methods to transfer a design onto a card. Some common techniques for printing on PVC cards are dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation printers use a ribbon that has three main colors that are mixed into any other colors you might need.
As the card prints, a print head with heated thermal elements passes over the ribbon and evaporates the ink where needed, transferring it to the card. Dye sublimation is a term commonly used with color PVC card printers - for a black and white PVC card printer, this process is called resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
To download a brochure or see a demonstration of the Badgy Printer go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
A dual-sided printer is not needed to print on both sides of the card.
You don’t need a dual sided printer to print on both sides of the card.
Instead, you can use a single-sided printer and simply flip the card over to run it through to print on the back.
This saves you approximately $600, which is the difference between a single-sided and dual-sided card printer.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy provides a turnkey solution for Mac or PC. The solution includes a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card software, and a pack of consumable supplies (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) to complete 100 prints.
In addition, a free card template library is available at www.badgy.com, where you can personalize the template of your choice, adding text, logos, photos, barcodes, and more. PRINTING ON DEMAND With the Badgy200, you can instantly print your own cards as you need them.
You can print your badges as your need for them increases - in small batches or as single cards. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 has an output of 95 color cards per hour.
You can also import data from a database, adding information to your card designs in a single click, and launching a print run of your badges with one command, including variable data.
A Stronger Brand Image
With the Badgy200 printer you can generate professional quality personalized plastic cards, featuring edge-to-edge printing, and giving your organization’s brand image greater exposure.
USER-FRIENDLY The Badgy200 is installed and used like a standard office printer.
Simply load the cards into the feeder and retrieve them from the output hopper, both located on the front of the printer.
The Badgy Premium Suite lets you control your printer from your computer and receive notifications and status updates. It’s easy to install the Badgy print ribbons, and your computer automatically recognizes them.
The Badgy200 Printer is very compact, being smaller than a sheet of letter-sized paper, and that means it will fit into practically any workspace at all.
- It weighs only 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Badgy helps you print your own customized badges in color, with professional-level quality, whenever and wherever you want. This solution allows for the instant production of personalized, secure cards for all kinds of applications.
- The Premier Card Printer
Instead of paper, you can easily print cards on plastic.
- Badgy prints your badges in color with professional quality and, even better, you print the badges you want when and where you want!
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and used just like a standard office printer.
- Its compact design allows it to be setup anywhere in your workspace.
- The Badgy200 is designed to print professional-quality color badges with ease.
- Badgy200 provides a solution for graphic personalization and instant card production, one at a time or in small batches.
- The Badgy200 color card printer is great for creating and printing personalized employee visitor and event badges or library student and membership cards.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single-installation CD that has Badge Studio software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- Design and print professional-looking, edge-to-edge badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badge Studio + software, included with Badgy200.
- The software is compatible with PC and Mac, and it allows you to create personalized badges in a matter of minutes.
- Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software allows you to control your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- We offer thousands of free card templates at badgy.com, where you can customize the template of your choosing by adding text, logos, photos, and more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS has everything you need to start using your printer and begin printing cards right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System is a cost-effective solution, ideal for low-volume printing applications. This system a complete solution for both novice and experienced users.
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio + card personalization software (compatible with Mac and PC)
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack, including plastic cards and a ribbon
Badgy comes with a 25-card tray for input/output, top-side ribbon reloading, and power connection with USB port in the rear.
The print process is controlled by a combination of software and a simple LCD control panel.
Quality and cost effectiveness When you print with Badgy200 you get sharp, rich images that cover the full card. Badgy is also capable of printing readable barcodes.
Regardless of if you need to print one card or 100 cards, overall, the printing costs are much lower than normal and fit any budget.
You’ll use far less power by resting in hibernation mode whenever the printer is out of use.
Evolis Badgy Badgy200 Overview: This type of printer uses dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to create prints jobs at 300 dpi and using 2 million color combinations.
Also, it prints rapidly, with a color YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour and a monochrome speed of 325 cards per hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badgy whenever you need them - in batches or one at a time: Staff ID badges
Event badges Visitor badges