You can use plastic cards for a whole variety of different applications.
Because of the tremendous durability and high-quality graphics, plastic cards can be used in a wide variety of situations. They are visual like most business cards, but they can also interact with machines.
There are so many uses for plastic cards, it might just blow your mind!
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- Recycling old plastic cards to create new cards reduces waste and helps keep old cards out of landfills.
- Some PVC cards are biodegradable after four years when they are in contact with soil and composite.
- One really good way of reducing your environmental impact is to make use of eco-friendly recycled business cards.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
To learn more about plastic card printing, ask any questions or get a price quote, please fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Take a look at what you need and make sure you find the right printer for the job you want done, because not all plastic card printers are the same.
We can help you find the best plastic card printer at an affordable price. Plastic Card ID offers: Take advantage of outstanding service from our reliable ID experts.
The top printer brands that can be found on our easy-to-navigate website.
Read candid product reviews from people just like you! Get award-winning service from experienced ID professionals. Expert support before, during and after your purchase
Top 5 Things To Think About When Buying an ID Card Printer:
Shopping for an ID card printer doesn’t need to be a complex project. Focus on these 5 factors to help you in your search. 1. Single-sided printer or dual-sided printer
Most card printers are available in single or double-sided models.
Single sided are less expensive but require you to manually flip and re-print to the backside of the cards, which can be time intensive and tedious. Single sided are less expensive but require you to manually flip and re-print to the backside of the cards. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are the most common and most affordable type of printer.
They utilize a ribbon with panels to infuse color onto the card but usually leave a white border on each card. Reverse transfer printers (also called re-transfer) use a ribbon and transfer film to achieve a higher quality print that ensure full bleed with no border. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies that print larger batches will need larger hopper sizes, faster print speeds, and high-yield ribbons.
If your company only needs to print small amounts, you can save money when you purchase the handfed printer or the printers that don’t require the high volume features. 4) Lamination & Visual Security When you laminate an ID card, the durability and cost also increases, but lamination may be essential if the card will be handled or swiped on a regular basis.
Lamination can also be used to add security features like holograms.
However, there are also less expensive ways for visual security measures, such as watermarks, holographic cardstock, and hologram stickers. 5. Connection type
These printers connect to any computer with a simple USB cable.
If you need to connect to a Mac, ensure the printer you select has Mac compatibility. You will need to select a printer with Ethernet capability if you plan to connect to multiple computers or a network. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is just another term for an ID card printer.
PVC (also known as polyvinyl chloride) is a name for plastic. Even though it usually makes people think of construction and plumbing, it’s a durable plastic that has a wide range of uses, including printing ID cards. A PVC card printer can refer to any type of photo ID maker. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
Any number of different methods can be used by PVC card printers to embed a design on an ID card. The most common techniques to print on PVC cards include dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation is the most common method of ID card printing and uses a ribbon, which has panels of the three primary colors (Yellow, Cyan, and Magenta) along its entire length.
As the card is printing, a print head with heated thermal elements passes over the ribbon and evaporates the ink on the ribbon where appropriate and transfers the ink to the PVC card. Dye sublimation is a term commonly used with color PVC card printers - for a black and white PVC card printer; this process is called resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
To download a brochure or see a demonstration of the Badgy Printer go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
A dual-sided printer is not needed to print on both sides of the card.
You don’t need a dual sided printer to print on both sides of the card.
To print on a card back, you simply flip the card over manually.
This saves you approximately $600, which is the difference between a single-sided and dual-sided card printer.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy provides you with a turnkey printing solution for PC or Mac. The package includes a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumables (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) good for 100 prints.
Also, you can access a free card template library at www.badgy.com, where you can add text, logos, photos, barcodes, and more, to the template of your choice. PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 allows you to print your own cards instantly and completely independently.
Whether you need a single card or a whole batch of them, you can print them up just as you need them. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 can produce an output of 95 color cards per hour.
You can also customize cards by importing data from a database, adding information to your card designs with one-click convenience, and doing a print run with a single command, merging the variable data.
MORE ROBUST BRANDING
The Badgy200 printer generates personalized plastic cards, with top quality, edge-to-edge printing to emphasize your brand’s image.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 is installed and used just like a standard office printer.
The cards are loaded into the feeder and retrieved from the output hopper, both located on the front of the printer.
The printer can be controlled from your computer once the Badgy Premium Suite software is installed, by receiving alerts and notifications. The Badgy print ribbons are easy to install and automatically recognized by the printer.
The Badgy200 is smaller than a letter-sized sheet of paper, so it can fit easily into any workspace needed.
- It weighs only 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Badgy allows you to print your own quality customized badges in full color, whenever and wherever you want. This provides instant production of individualized secure cards, with limitless applications.
- A Card Printer
Instead of paper, you can easily print cards on plastic.
- Print the amounts you want on whatever schedule you desire. Badgy is designed with the needs of smaller and medium-size businesses in mind.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product features
- Can be operated easily
- The versatile Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and is used just like a standard office printer.
- The compact, lightweight design fits perfectly in almost any office workspace.
- Badgy200 fulfills all your needs for graphic personalization and instant card production, as single cards or in small batches.
- The Badgy200 fulfills all of your business’s card-related needs, from event badges to printing single cards for one-time promotions.
- Quickly print out reward or membership cards for customers, IDs for visitors and new employees, and more in rich color.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single installation CD that includes Badge Studio + software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- Design and print superior quality, full coverage badges, or ID cards with the Evolis Badge Studio + software, included with Badgy200.
- You only need a basic familiarity with PC or Macintosh computers to have Badgy up and going in mere minutes.
- The Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software gives you total control of your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- Visit badgy.com to find a free card template from our library, there you can personalize any template you like by adding photos, logos, text, and a lot more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS has everything you need to start using your printer and begin printing cards right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System is an affordable solution that is perfect for low-volume printing applications. This system a complete solution for both novice and experienced users.
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio + card personalization software (compatible with Mac and PC)
Evolis Badge Studio and card personalization software for Mac and PC
A consumables pack, including a ribbon and plastic cards
All of the card loading and unloading is handled via a simple tray at the front. Card printing, changing ribbons and computer connections are even simpler than the typical printer.
Additionally, the LCD control panel makes the printer easy to operate.
Quality and cost effectiveness Badgy200 produces full color, high-quality prints which cover the full surface of any plastic card. Adding bar codes is also not a problem with Badgy.
Whether you print one or 100 cards, the overall cost of printing cards is impressively low and easy on your overall budget.
Plus, you can save power in the money-saving hibernation mode.
Evolis Badgy Badgy200 Overview - This printer utilizes dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to produce prints at 300 dpi and with 2 million colors.
In addition, it prints quickly with a color YMCKO print speed of 95 cards an hour and a monochrome speed of 325 cards an hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badgy whenever you need them - in batches or one at a time: Staff ID badges
Visitor badges Visitor badges